I have an application written in VB6 using Crystal IX. Several reports in it have code similar to the following:
Public gReport As Report --this line is defined elsewhere
Set gReport = New rptCustPastDueTrend
Set rdoQD.ActiveConnection = rdoConnct
rdoQD.Prepared = False
rdoQD.QueryTimeout = 1200
rdoQD.SQL = "SELECT RECORDID,TEXT1,TEXT2,TEXT3,TEXT4,MONEY1,MONEY2,MONEY3,MONEY4,MONEY5,MONEY6,MONEY7,MONEY8,MONEY9,MONEY10,MONEY11,MONEY12 FROM tblTempReportTable"
Set rst = rdoQD.OpenResultset(rdOpenKeyset, rdConcurValues)
rst.MoveFirst
gReport.Database.SetDataSource rst, 3
On the SetDataSource line, the system always crashes. The event log shows this application error:
Faulting application vb6.exe, version 6.0.97.82, faulting module crdb_odbc.dll, version 9.2.0.582, fault address 0x0002f02a.
The odd thing is, the compiled version works fine on my PC and in production. Also, my version of the crdb_odbc.dll is the same as what's in production. This code is supposed to be the source code of the compiled version, but it's from a company that was bought by a customer of ours, and I don't know what might be missing. I can build the executable with no errors.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.