Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problem with custom size paper Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
netcigos
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Location: Argentina
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote netcigos Replybullet Topic: Problem with custom size paper
     Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 4:01pm
Hi!!

I update from CR XI to CR2008 in my Visual Studio 2008.
I created a Custom Form Paper Size by Windows XP Control Panel - > Server Property in Printers and Faxs.

The Paper Size is width=22,86 cm and height=7,7 cm.

I don´t Know why the designer  don´t let me put the orientation to Portrait , It change me to Landscape. I show that  designer doesn´t like the 7,7cm of height paper. So I can´t print in Portrait  my report.

How Can I resolver it ?

Sorry for my English.
I love to EntitySpaces ORM
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 6:16am
from 5/28/09 DilbertIsMyHero posted:

After much research and trial/error, I think I found a solution...

Go to Start > Settings > Printers.
Select File > Server Properties.
Select Create New Form.
Type a name for your new form.
Enter the paper size of your form. You can also enter the margins if applicable.
Click Ports. Select the port to which the printer is attached.
Click Drivers. Select the printer driver.
Click Save Form.

Return to Crystal Reports. Go to Page Setup. Your new form should be listed in the drop-down list in the Page Options panel. It will set your horizontal and vertical dimensions to the same as you added on your new form. This will also keep the orientation correct (not changing between portrait and landscape).

Hope this helps someone else facing this problem.

Warmest regards,
Gilley Estes

Gilley Ann Estes
Senior Technical Writer
Welton USA

 
give it a try
IP IP Logged
netcigos
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Location: Argentina
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote netcigos Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:10am
Thank you. I do the same way that you describe me. In Crystal Report XI Basic for Visual it worked fine but when I update to 2008 it doesn´t work in  portraint orientation with height 7,7.cm.

I´ll search on google and re-install CR2008 and its service pack for try resolver it.
I love to EntitySpaces ORM
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum