Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Topic: Select DB Source Based on Report Parameter? Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:05pm
Hi All,
is it possible for CR XI to select a database source based on a reportparameter? I have one report that serves two different libraries, both on a same server. I have two parameters: lib1, lib2. So when user select lib1, I wish the report will point to DB sourceX; if user select lib2, the report will point to DB sourceY. could anyone please advise if this is achievable?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 1:24pm
Unfortunately, no. You can't change the datasource internally in the report. However, you can change it through the SDK by writing an interface that runs the report and sets the database appropriately.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum