Hi all, I'm a DBA by trade and this is my first step into Crystal reports.
I know how to agrigate the data my customers would like to see in sql, so i've been building stored proc's to feed to the reports. now the user would like some data on one report that allows them to see help desk tickest open, grouped by assignment and the number of tickets that are open 0-1 day, 1-3 days, 4-6 days, 7-10 days, > 10 days
no problem, I wrote a stored proc that dispalys all this and fed it to a report.
now they have asked for a sub report that will take the group name and dispaly all of the open tickets that the numbers are for.
I wrote a stored proc that will do this and requires the group name from report1.
being a stored proc, and requiring a parameter, @Assignment, it automatically creates a parameter on the sub report. and I can put the assignment group, @AssignmentGroup, as a link that carries over to the sub report.
but how do I get @Assignment to = @AssignmentGroup so when my customer clicks on the lin they see the info for the group they clicked on?
I also tried making a dynamic view off of the @Assignment fields that would be displayed in a report. and tried to set that as a drop down box that they could select when going to the sub report to populate @AssignmentGroup, but when I try to refresh to get the drop down list I get an error of
"Prompting failed with the following error messge: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: the new table link contains TargetFieldNames that are not valid.]'. error source: prompt.dl error code 0x8004380D
Edited by snu155 - 01 Jul 2009 at 7:55am