Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display Group Heading & Details in one line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
slydroe
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote slydroe Replybullet Topic: Display Group Heading & Details in one line
     Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:21pm

Hello!

I've seen a similar post here to what I am trying to do, but mine is a little more complicated.
 
Here's my case:
 
I have clients that may have multiple locations, and each location may receive shipments on different dates.
 
The main report shows:
-------------------
Client A
      (subreport here)
Client B
      (subreport here)
Client C
      (subreport here)
--------------------
 
 
Here's where I'm having some trouble:
Right now, my subreport is setup like this:
--------------------
Client A                           (Group Header #1 section) -suppressed field
   Location 1                    (Group Header #2 section)
      1/10/2009                 (Details section)
      1/15/2009
 
Client B  
   Location 2
      2/12/2009
      2/18/2009
--------------------
 
 
 
BUT I need to print it out like this, in a horizontal line, that can grow:
-------------------------
Location 1: 1/10/2009, 1/15/2009 - Location 2: 2/12/2009, 2/18/2009
-------------------------
 
Can anyone guide me on this?  Thank you in advance!!!
 


Edited by slydroe - 18 Jun 2009 at 12:25pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 7:02am
your subreport can increment a shared variable, and supress the detail in the subreport, so in essence you get the comma delimited string from each subreport, then in the group footer, you can put display each comma delimted field either by concatenating them all together or by giving each location their own string.
 
shared variables are the way to go
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
slydroe
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote slydroe Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 7:43am
Thanks for the reply.  However, I'm dealing with two sets of grouping that needs to display in one line... The group header (the location), and then the details for each group (shipping date for each location).
 
I'm having a hard time figuring out where to place my formulas in order to display properly.  Can someone show me how? Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum