Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-Tab help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
peggall
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote peggall Replybullet Topic: Cross-Tab help
     Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:03pm
I am pretty new to CR and need any help that I can get. I am also a programmer on an iSeries so this type of stuff is pretty new to me.
 
Here is what I am trying to do. I need to create a report and I am thinking that it needs to be cross tab, I have a FINDING, VALUE and TIME. I need to print the FINDING in a ROW and the COLUMN will be the TIME and VALUE. I do not need to summarize anything.
 
I have tried several ways to do this and any help is really appreciated.Embarrassed
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:09pm
A crosstab is going to require that you summarize although you can try and use a min or max value as the summary type but it really is still a summary.
IP IP Logged
peggall
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote peggall Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:14pm
Then again, I may not want cross-tab. Here is what I am trying to do and again, any help is appreciated.
                     16:00       13:25      11:06        09:52          06:15
FINDING A       25                               31          06                91
 
FINDING B        22            33                             09
 
FINDING C       11                                              06
 
FINDING D       12              06           22             15               6
 
 
 
There may not be a value at each time interval per finding. I hope that this makes sense.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:17pm
Try setting up your crosstab as:
your column as Time Field (Set to Minute)
Your Row as Finding Field
Summary as SUM of Value field


Edited by DBlank - 17 Jun 2009 at 2:17pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum