Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Topic: This year Vs Last Year Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 11:10am
Hi,
What is the best way of designing this year Vs Last year reports. Currently, we have created one query for this year and another query for last year and linked them on common dimension under database linking. But we are intermittently getting "Invalid Argument provided" error. Any ideas?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 2:52pm
I like stored procs, then I can create a temp table and have this year and last year combined....Otherwise, I would try an outer join, as you may entries in one year that aren't in the other.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum