I am wrtiting a crosstab report with two rows in a group by salary type.
Tran_type and Tran_reason
I am wondering if it is possible to suppress the Tran_reason line if there is only one returned result. I basically want to be able to suppress the fields that only have one value to return to clean up the report and not have duplicated values.
Ex
New Employees Totals
New Employees totals
Involuntary Terminations Totals
Dismissed with Cause totals
Dismissed Without Cause totals
Etc totals
Voluntary Termination Totals
Retired totals
Quit totals
etc totals
Transfers Totals
Transfers totals
I have tried suppressing at Group and Field level without any success.
I could not find any mention of a rowcount() function so I tried suppressing at row level by the reason codes. I have even tried adding a new field to the rows called rowtype and gave the lines different values depending on if I know only one value will be returned or more. and tried supressing by this field at the group level.
{table.Line_type} = "X"
This does nothing, I have tried in crystal and basic syntax without any luck.
Has anyone done somthing similar or know how to go about this.
Thanks,