Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Database Expert Link, Left Outter Join Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
djung527
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote djung527 Replybullet Topic: Database Expert Link, Left Outter Join Issue
     Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:00am
Hello all, I have an issue with using two data source and linking them in the Database expert.
I am doing a left outer join link so I get all the rows from the left table. This works except when I put add a condition on the SELECT EXPERT. I added a date parameter from the Right Table. This seems to be doing an Inner Join even though I set the link as a LEFT OUTER JOIN.
I notice this because if I take out the date parameter, it will return all rows from the LEFT table, but adding the date parameter from my right Table seems to return inner data (or at least it seems like it) where it meets the parameter conditions from the RIGHT table.

Am I being clear here? I apologize in advance if i am not. I can explain in more detail if one wishes.
Has anyone came across this issue? Any work arounds?
thank you so much in advance..
IP IP Logged
djung527
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote djung527 Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:21am
Ok, I have noticed, that I had to add all the NULL values from the RIGHT Table, so simply adding ISNULL({RightTable.Fieldname}) OR {RightTable.Fieldname} = {?pm-Fieldname}
to get all values from the Right.

Problem solved!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum