Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Topic: Failed to open the connection Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:35am
I'm relatively new to crystal reports, so please bear with me if this is a dumb question. I recently created a new report using crystal reports XI. When I preview the report, it pulls the correct data just fine. However, when I try to open the report using TruckMate 8.0's Crystal Reports Launcher, I get the "Failed to open the connection" error, and it retrieves no data. Is there a quick way to remedy this?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 10:20am
Guessing that you are using an ODBC connection and that you created the report in one environment and then moved a copy to another environment for the TruckMate deployment.
Does this new environment have access to the ODBC that was used in the development environment? Usually you can update the ODBC and it resolves the problem.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 11:42am
YOu can change the ODBC connection by going into Database > Set Datasource Location. Slect the data source you you have in theupper window and the ODBC youw ant to use in thelower window and use the Update button.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum