Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
OKsoccer24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote OKsoccer24 Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Parameter
     Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 8:49am
When you are creating a command, you have the option to create a parameter to insert into the command.   Is it possible to make that parameter dynamic?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 6:53am
What do you mean dynamic?  When you access the command in a parameter you can set the type to dynamic, which I am assuming will read the database before every display to the user.
 
If I create a command for this purpose, I have always made it dynamic and it has operated correctly.  Since we have several clients that use the reports, but I have never tried static...didn't seem like the correct option to use.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum