Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sorted parameter list Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Eregnon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Eregnon Replybullet Topic: Sorted parameter list
     Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:30am
I'm using Crystal IX with a SQL server database. I want to give the users an ordered list to select from on a report. I created a command object with the following SQL code:
 
select location_id, description from location_mstr order by description
 
I select this command object for a static parameter, but when I fill the list it is filled UNordered. How do I get it to give me a sorted list?
 
On a related note, I have the parameter set to use description only. The parameter screen shows both the list and the selected key field. The key is a guid which I don't want the users to see. How do I get it to show only the list?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:43am
set a description field in the parameter and then change the option to prompt with description only.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Eregnon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Eregnon Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:00am
Okay, ignore part two of my question. I realized I just need to set allow custom values to false to get rid of the key display.
 
By the way, I'm using Crystal XI, not IX, got the numerals backwards.
 
Any help on the sorted list part?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:14am
try changing to dynamic...it is not static, otherwise why use a command?  you could just type them in.  Mine came out sorted
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum