Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Ihave month data in database, i need to sum for 12 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vpriyanka2001
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Quote vpriyanka2001 Replybullet Topic: Ihave month data in database, i need to sum for 12
     Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 8:51am
 
Hi, need some help.
 
have month data in database, i need to sum for 12 months
I have this report, where
1. I am Grouping By State.
2. I can get either Month or YTD from my stored procedure.
 
If I get month then for State AK I get (running Total sum of 8 records) grouped by State.
Now I need a formula which can help me get YTD as 51, means we have
Running Totals 8 for may 2009, thats is for the run date I am using.
And for the whole year we have 51 .
How will I write the formula for this one.
 
 
     
  APPS
STATE MNTH YTD
AK 8 51
AL 26 136
 
 
 


Edited by vpriyanka2001 - 10 Jun 2009 at 10:57am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:07am
why not get both from your stored proc? otherwise you need to return all months for the year to the report and suppress the display and it will mess up the totals unless you start using lots of formulas. 
Way simpler to just add a column to the stored proc so that both values are returned.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum