Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to print footer at exact location Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tedjop
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote tedjop Replybullet Topic: How to print footer at exact location
     Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:55pm
I have to print a group footer on the exact location. Example:

Item       Quantity        Price/Unit        Amount
Tire           4             $50.00        $200.00
Pot            2             $20.00        $ 40.00



Total                                       $240.00


The detail section (Tire, Pot, etc.) can be 1 or more lines. And this is put into a group.
I put the Total into the group footer. HOWEVER, the Total has to be printed at and exact location, about 1/3 from the top of the page.

How to print group footer at a determined location? Because, to my understanding, the group footer will be printed at relative position depending on how many lines appear in the detail?

Thanks for all replies in advance!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 6:23am
to the best of my knowledge, there is not a way.
 
what comes after group footer or do you waste 2/3 of a page?  what if the details take more than 1/3 of the page?
 
you can try making the group really big and having it always print at the bottom of the page, but if there are other items to print, I am not sure how this will work.
 
Maybe someone else knows a solution, but as far as I know, you're right and Crystal will print it relative to the details section.
IP IP Logged
tedjop
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote tedjop Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:07pm
so there is no way to count the lines printed, and put a condition? well I do not know that is why I am asking in the first place. I thought Crystal Reports is powerful and should have taken this kind of condition too?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:23am
if you have a group, you can count lines and conditionally apply the new page before, or you could add up the sizes of each section/lines and do it that way, but it is not 100% fool proof.
 
Exact placement is not really in any reporting tool. Reporting services doesn't have it as well.  I think that most reporting tools are designed to group and print large lists of data.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum