Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Extract Date from Timestamp Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TeresaJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TeresaJ Replybullet Topic: Extract Date from Timestamp
     Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 3:15pm
Hello. I'm new to Crystal .. so probably fairly simple question.
I have a timestamp field formated as: yyyy/MM/dd h/mm/ss tt
I need to query based on the date portion and display the date in the report as MM/dd/yy. 
 
Trying to write a formula that extracts the date, but no luck. Syntax errors ad nauseam!
Any ideas?
TIA, TJ
 
 
IP IP Logged
pgainewar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote pgainewar Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:56am
u can use functionality provided by crystal report.
right click on field choose format fieldgo to date n time tab choose watever format u want
IP IP Logged
TeresaJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TeresaJ Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:59am
I'm starting to really LIKE crystal - that was TOO easy! Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum