Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: ERROR MESSAgE AND CRASH Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:02am
I am a beginner in Crystal so forgive me if my issue has a very logical solution. I am using crystal XI. When I first open my report, after connecting to my database, I open my field explorer. All my data is present in the field explorer but everytime I try and drag and drop the field i get an error report saying Crystal has encountered a problem and needs to close. It happens everytime i drop the field in hte report and I have tried several different databases and get the same response each time. But when I use the report wizard it will work fine even though I am using the exact same database. But I prefer to work with a blank report as opposed to the wizard so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. (also, my databases are excel files)
Joined: 28 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:20am
I would suggest Re-installing as well as I had this issue one time and re-installing TYPICAL way helped and just check if this is doing only with This report of yours or with every report as sometimes even some reports get curropt and give such errors.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum