Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Report Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
WikusHattingh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote WikusHattingh Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Report Parameters
     Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 11:25pm

I hope you guys can help.

I have 5 fixed parameters in my report that I pass through from VS 2008. One of them is a company Id. What I want to do is filter a parameters data according to the value of the companyID? How is this even possible. I got a test report working where it filters the data displayed on the report by the companyID passed through. But as soon as I use that data as a parameter for other purposes it doesnt display anything in the parameter box, and I have to enter the ID's and this I cant do as my ID's are unique identifiers. Or at one point I get all the data in the table but it's not filtered according to the CompanyID. Any Ideas please. I have tried cascading parameters, but although when I send a value through it keeps on asking me to select a companyID. PLEASE HELP!!! Will be greatly appreciated.
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 6:19am
OK, I'll ask a silly question...
Why are you bothering with Crystal Reports determining the parameters.  If you are passing items from an App, why not build your screens to set the parameters and then just pass the results of these selections to Crystal...or take it one step further and have your app pass the dataset to Crystal?
 
Actually, this is all that I do.  I build wizards that select the parameters, then calls our data layer, and finally passes the resultset to the report.
 
Regardless, I would have the app determine your parameters, then all should work as desired.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum