Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Properties of table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Topic: Properties of table
     Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 9:37am
I have a report being used with an ERP package.  The report was a canned report that I need to modify.  How do you change the properties of a table used in the report.  If i look at the properties of the tables that exist in this report they are tied to a database I don't have.  The table names exist in my database.  I need to change the properties to reflect my database.  I have tried to "set database location' but have not had success. 
 
When the report is run through the ERP system the database names must not apply because the canned report does not error.
 
thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 6:41am
Start with set database location.  Update the main connection, then for each table in the existing report update that to the correct table.
 
It's a pain and I don't know why Crystal does it this way, but it is the way to go.  I have done this several times.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 6:58am

Thanks for the advice.   Here is my next problem.  When I go to Set Datasource Location and pull up the list of table names my list is only a partial list of tables.  I have everthing listed through tables beginning with "to".  One of the tables that i need to update begins with "ts".  Any idea why I wouldn't be getting a full table list here?

 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:22am
Sorry, no.  Our DB has over 800 tables and they all show up.  Maybe it isn't dbo?  just a thought.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum