Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Loading Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Wayne
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Wayne Replybullet Topic: Loading Crystal Reports
     Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 5:12am
Our school district purchased a copy of Crystal Reports XI Professional. I loaded the software on a local machine without any problems. Now though as long as my notebook is connected to the district network I can open Crystal reports and work with no problem, but once I leave the network and try to access the program while at home I recieve and error when opening the program. The error I am recieving is a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Something about a crw32.exe file.
I'm not trying to access any network files as I read through the installation instructions and loaded it for a single computer, and any database I work with would be on my local PC for use.
Any suggesstions on what I can do to take care of this issue would be appreciated.
Thank You
Wayne
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 6:41am

my guess is that you didn't load Crystal onto your laptop.  crw32.exe is the start to the program.

If you did load it onto your laptop, I would try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

HTH

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum