Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Choose Most Current Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Junebug
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Junebug Replybullet Topic: Choose Most Current
     Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 3:07am
I have two formula fields for business unit.  One (CurBU) compares the date of the records and give the current business unit, the other (PYBU) gives the BU from last year.  I want to group by (CurBU) but when I do it leaves blank group names for the records from last year.
 
Is there a way to tell it that all the records should go under the current BU?
 
This report compares periods from 2009 to the same period in 2008.  I need something like:
 
if PYBU then ignore and put data under CurBU.
Thanks for your help!
Junebug
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 6:53am

A little confusing.  So if the current bu is the same as the previous, what should happen?  This is what seems to be happening, if you want to get rid of the blank in the Previous, I would go to the section expert and check suppress blank sections.  see if that helps.  You might also try entering a suppression formula in the same screen.  It would be testing values in PYBU being null.

Shouldn't there always be data for the current bu, since there may be no previous?  You know your data best.
 
HTH
 
IP IP Logged
Junebug
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Junebug Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 2:11am
Sorry for the confusion.  I'm new to ctystal and am using version 8.5.  When I group by the current BU  it lists only the current BU details but gives the total of both current BU and PYBU in the group footer.  I would like them to be able to see the PYBU details but grouped with the currentBU.  Does that make sense?  Its looks like this:
 
BU 010                    PYBU     CYBU
week  4-7-08            0            0
week  4-14-08          0            0
week  4-21-08          0            0
week  4-6-09            0           40
week  4-13-09          0           32
week  4-20-09          0           35
 
BU 010  Total          96          107


Edited by Junebug - 03 Jun 2009 at 2:15am
Thanks for your help!
Junebug
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 6:24am
Interesting.  So there should be numbers in the PYBU section in the upper half?  What is interesting is that there is data in the summary that is not in the detail.
 
I am assuming that the summary is an aggregate of what is above, like SUM(), but from the snippet it makes no sense. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum