Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Importing Excel - Changes from genl to num/txt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pduw123
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pduw123 Replybullet Topic: Importing Excel - Changes from genl to num/txt
     Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:32am
I have a column in Excel which is defined as data type 'General'.  When I import the xls the column changes to data type 'number' if the first field is numeric and 'text' if it is non-numeric.  When the field is defined as one it doesn't display the other type field contents once it is imported.  I need both to report on both numeric and non-numeric data.  I tried changing the datatype to text in the excel file but it did no good.  How can I persuade CR XI or 2008 to recognize both numeric and non-numeric data?
Thanks
Paul
IP IP Logged
pebbles
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote pebbles Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 8:53am
I am having this same problem.  I noticed no one has answered with a solution.  I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far.  The report  will generate but leaving out anything in that field that has an alpha character.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum