Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Licensing Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystaldude
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote crystaldude Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports Licensing Question
     Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:23pm
I have a question concerning the thin client licensing. 
 
I want to upload Crystal Reports with saved data to a web server and then have them viewed in the web viewer (by the public, not just 'within my organization').  There would be no refresh possible and no export possible, just viewing and thats it.
 
Does that violate the Crystal Reports Thin Client licensing policy?  Does each person that views the report have to have a license?
 
The reports would not be connecting to a database since the data is already saved.
 
 
I would be using the XI or 2008 version of the viewer.
 
I downloaded the following from business objects, if it helps.
 
Q:
Since the Crystal Reports 2008 feature set is based upon the previous Developer edition, will it include the same runtime engine distribution license?
A:
Yes. Thick client applications can be freely redistributed internally and externally.
Thin client applications can be distributed internally (within your organization) with no additional licensing.
Q:
What if I want to redistribute a thin client application externally
A:
If you build client-server or web applications that will be redistributed, sold, or deployed to a third party or accessed by users external to your organization, you must purchase a license of Crystal Reports 2008 for each company the application is distributed to.
 
Thanks!
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum