|
Hi, I will try to explain this as best as I can.
I have a report grouped by EMPLOYEE NUMBER. most of the time each group will only show one record but on occassion 2 records may appear.. This is correct due to the SQL I am using.. however, I have created a crosstab and need sumarize a column (FTE - integer value) to the summary.. I only want the crosstab SUM this value once per employee number.. I cant get this to work..
data structure: EMPLOY_NO, NAME,ADDRESS,FTE, JOB REF
ie here is some data GROUPED as per report layout
EMPLOY - 326991 Joe Blogs, 1 any street, 1.0, 12321 EMPLOY - 325531 John Doe, 2 another street, 0.5, 15555 John Doe, 2 another street, 0.5, 14334
As you can see John doe has 2 records, I need to show this on the report, but the crosstab would sum this employee twice.. ie, FTE would be sumarized as 1.0 instead of 0.5.
I've tried using variables but crosstab dont like sumarizing variables.
can anyone help..
thanks
Edited by cajsoft - 18 May 2009 at 3:16am
|