Originally posted by DBlankGotcha.
So you need help figuring out what is wrong with the totalling?
If so...
In your original post you state:
"The detail line shows the amount in two columns - one marked Type 1 and the other marked Type 2. If the amount under the column for Type 1 is actually a Type 2, I suppress it based on the type, and vice versa."
1. Without suppression what does the data look like?
2. How do you know if an item is Type 1 or Type 2? Is there a third column that is the indicator?
3. What is the formula you are using for your running total as your inclusion condition?
Thanks.
Each record includes: DATE, AMOUNT, TYPE and there may be multiple records for a date that may have amounts of both types
desired output:(I do not include the actual Type field in the report)
headers DATE TYPE_1_AMOUNT TYPE_2_AMOUNT
date group(hidden)
type group(hidden)
detail(hide w/ drill) ### $$(supp if Type 2) $$(supp if Type 1)
type group(hidden) Run_Total_if_Type_1 Run_Total_if_Type_2
date group ### Type_1_Total Type_2_Total
Run_Total_if_Type_1 simply adds the Amount field if Type = 1
Run_Total_if_Type_2 simply adds the Amount field if Type = 2
In the footer for the type group, I am able to show the correct totals, but I would like to show a summary in the date group footer with a total for each type.
Because the amount in each record is independent of the type, I am only able to show the total for last type read.