I’m having a problem with an error message “this field cannot be summarized”.
I am attempting to count customers that have one or more orders with specific items during a set time period.
The data looks like:
Id order date types
1 4/1/09 1,2,,,,,8,,
1 4/3/09 1,,,4,,,8,,
1 4/9/09 1,2,,,5,,,,
2 4/9/09 1,,,,,,,,,,,
2 4/25/09 ,,,,,,,,8,,,
5 4/18/09 1,,,4,,,,,,
I want to count all customers with one or more occurrences of items 2 or 8.
The above data should return a count of 2.
So far I have:
1) grouped on Id
2) created a formula to return 1 or 0 for each detail line occurrence
3) summed the occurrence values in the group footer
4) created a formula to return 1 for any group sum >0
I then attempted to sum the values from step 4) in the report footer. This is when I got the error message “This field cannot be summarized”
I’m still very new to Crystal Reports. There may be a much easier way to get at this information. As the nature of this report will be a common result we are looking for, I’d also like to learn what determines whether a field can be summarized. I looked in my reference books and didn’t have any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
|