Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: SQL Query Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Topic: SQL Query
     Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 1:14pm
Is is possible to manually change the sql query on a report without going through the Database Expert in Crystal 10?  It was possible in version 8.5.  If not, any idea why when i go to the Database Expert not all of my tables are populated in the list.  The tables are in alphabetical order, but the entire list does not populate.  After a certain point anthing from there on is not in the list.
 
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 6:20am
I think I did change it years ago in CR7, but since then I have switched to using stored procedures, which is way more flexible than setting up the table joins in Crystal.
 
If you can, I recommend using the stored procedure approach as it gets you around things like this...though you will have to find the stored procedure, which might still be an issue if Crystal is not reporting all the tables.
 
It's odd that Crystal doesn't report all of your tables, we have over 800 tables and don't have any issues that I am aware of, and we have much more than that in the stored proc list.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum