Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Retrieving and displaying records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
carleen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote carleen Replybullet Topic: Retrieving and displaying records
     Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:32am
Hi
 
I have a report and trouble displaying what I need.  I have a product which has 2 stages, so I have a record being retrieved for both stages.  However I want to display the record once but I need some information from one stage and some from the other, so in essence I cant specify just to include one of the stages.  Any ideas how I can display only one record but display information from both stages?
 
Any help is apprecited.
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:38am

Depends on how your data is coming out and how you need to display it exactly. You can conditinally suppress items or rows as one solution.

IP IP Logged
debmac
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote debmac Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:06pm
i designed a similar report recently. What you need is to include a sub-report with the purpose of displaying the stages for each product.

Then you need to change the sub report links (right click sub report/change subreport links), and add the field (like a product ID), and tick the option 'Select data in subreport based on field (again could be product ID).

This means that when the main report runs, it will display the product once, and the stages from the subreport.

hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
carleen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote carleen Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 8:11pm
Hi
 
Thanks so much I should have thought about that!  I have done what you mentioned but instead of creating a sub report for each of the stages - just created one for one of the stages to display its bit of info.  However it does not display the sub report data on the main report .  If I dbl click to view the subreport  preview it does however show the data.  Any idea's on this one?  Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 8:58pm
sounds like you set the sub report up as an on demand report rather than one that runs at the same time as the main report.
IP IP Logged
carleen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote carleen Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 11:15pm
thanks for response, but no thats not it.  Checked it and on demand was not ticked.  i did tick reimport when open for now so I know it is.  Any other ideas?  Its bazaar that when i preview the sub report from within the main the data is there?  could it be anythign to do with where the sub report is on the main report?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 7:20am
A few things to check.
1 -what is the link between the 2 reports
2 -are you properly placing the report so that those records are applicable to that section.
3 - make sure it is set to can grow in the main report
 
Most probable set up based on your descirption is that your main report should be grouping on ProductID, linking to the subreport on this ID and then the subreport being placed on either the ID# headerb or footer.
This way it will run the sub report once per product and display results for each product. Of course I am taking a guess at this as I cannot see your data Smile


Edited by DBlank - 30 Apr 2009 at 7:21am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum