On the first grouping I have the Contract
The second grouping I have the Job Number
but the problem I am having is that I am only want one detail one per Job number, so I take the field as minimum of WIP Phase and the put the Wip Phase in ascending order. When I do that the report goes crazy. It tries to do all of the detail lines also which I do not want. I just want the min line from each job number and then put then phase in order, so at that time the job number will be cout of order because of their phases are not the same.
example
ABC Contract
Job No. WIP Phase Part ID Custom Name
321525 Eval 321321 Jim Smith
200 Eval 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
300 Materials 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
400 PaintPrep 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
450 Paint 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
500 Crate 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
550 Balance 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
610 Shipping 90-123891 04/1/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
321498 Paint 456441 Jon Jones
450 Paint 90-123921 3/21/2009 4/12/2009 4/15/2009
500 Crate 90-123921 3/21/2009 4/12/2009 4/15/2009
550 Balance 90-123921 3/21/2009 4/12/2009 4/15/2009
610 Shipping 90-123921 3/21/2009 4/12/2009 4/15/2009
317822 Eval 112877 Casey Jones
200 Eval 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
300 Materials 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
400 PaintPrep 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
450 Paint 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
500 Crate 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
550 Balance 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
610 Shipping 90-123892 04/11/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
369811 Balance 871243 Howard Cassey
550 Balance 90-123712 04/9/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
610 Shipping 90-123712 04/9/2009 04/15/2009 4/21/2009
This is the way I would like to see it down below.
ABC Contract
Job No. WIP Phase Part ID Custom Name
369811 Balance 871243 Howard Cassey
317822 Eval 112877 Casey Jones
321525 Eval 321321 Jim Smith
321498 Paint 456441 Jon Jones
Edited by LarryM - 11 Apr 2009 at 3:13pm