Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: field suppress issue on Report Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
momer79
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote momer79 Replybullet Topic: field suppress issue on Report Header
     Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 6:16am
Hi,
 
I am wondering if anyone can help me regarding suppress issue in crystal report XI?
 
I have few rows in report headers in following format:
------------------------------------
Contact Name
Address1
Address 2
Address 3
PostCode
-----------------------------------
I don't want to display row if  its NULL or Blank.
 
I have tried following solution which was provided on one of the crystal report post but its not working and report is still showing Blank Line b/w addresses if address Field is  NULL.
 
-----------------------------------------------
1. Put it in the "Suppress(No drill Down)" formula box area. I should have made that clear on the first post and I assumed that was where you were putting it. Sorry about that.
2. Make sure the check box next to the Suppress(No Drill Down) is NOT checked. If it is checked it will suppress all of your detail records not just the empty ones based on the formula you just put in.
3. Take any formula out of the Suppress Blank section, you can still check the box but it should not have any effect because as you state "oh, there is something there, I cannot suppres it".
-------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 6:40am
As always, there are lots of ways to do this.  The solution mentioned would work for suppressing a row.  I don't really know what you want to display, but building on the above example in the 'section expert' for the section desired you click on the formula button next to suppress and would enter something like:
isnull({table.address1 field}) or {table.address1 field} = ""
 
if you want to suppress the whole report header if any field is null or blank, you would need to or all the fields together.  If you only want to supress the row with the data, I would make multiple header lines (add new section below) and place each line in its own section, then you only need to supress the row that is empty (less to type in the suppression, but more lines to types in).
 
All depends on what you want to accomplish.
 
Hope this helped
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum