Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Pg numbering with subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sandy
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote sandy Replybullet Topic: Pg numbering with subreport
     Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:32am

I just placed a unlinked subreport in RF of an existing report but I would like to have the page numbering include both the first report and then the subreport (page X thru Y).  Because I placed the subreport in the RF I would image that I would not be able to continue the numbering of pages.  What are my options in designing the report so that can be done?

Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 1:08pm
I am not aware of a function in CR that will do this automatically. Your could pass a shared variable containing the last page number to a the subreport. Then increment it on start of each page.
 
Someone else may be able to offer a better design solution or be aware of an internal function to CR that I do not know about. Failing that the shared variable should give you a solution.
 
Regards,
 
John W.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum