Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: suppress rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
floyd242
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote floyd242 Replybullet Topic: suppress rows
     Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 10:54am
Hello,

I'm new to Crystal Reports.  So far i've been able to do most things I'm wanting to do but have a question i'm hoping you gurus can help me with.

What i'm having trouble figuring out is how to supress a row when it is empty.  I have a address block and what i'm trying to do is when a field is Null or blank I want it to print the next available row in its place

ex.
Joe Data
1111 street
suite 501
Dallas, tx 76001

so lets say I have a Null value for suite instead of displaying like this
where the suite row is blank.

Joe Data
1111 street

Dallas, tx 76001

I want it to print like this
Joe Data
1111 street
Dallas, tx 76001

where the city and state move up a row to replace the blank row.

If anyone could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome.

thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 4:35pm

This depends on your design.

Do you have 4 detail sections or 1 detail section and is there anything else on the row that is not null or blank?
The most basic way is to go into your Section Expert, highlight the section you want to suppress (this is probably your detail section) and there is a box for suppressing blank row. Check that off and now whenever your entire row is blank it will suppress it but display the next row.
I am guessing here but I have a feeling you put all 4 items in one detail section. If in the above examply you have stuck all 4 "lines" into 1 detail section, split it into 4 details (a,b,c and d) and place each item on a seperate detail section then use that suppress blank option on each of those sections.
Make sure you place the Name on Detaila, street on detailb, etc. as this is the order it will diplay in.
If this doesn't answer it for you please post a little more detail abot your report set up so we can help more.


Edited by DBlank - 10 Mar 2009 at 4:38pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum