Hi guys:
I am a complete newbie to this tool and am struggling a bit trying to develop a report for HR that will breakdown headcount by country and city for each of our 6 divisions. I've tried doing this with a crosstab and it's close, but I haven't found a way to include additional fields when grouping by city (e.g. HR wants both the city AND the legal entity name to show in the row).
The data driving the report includes a row for each employee, their division, country, physical location (city and legal entity), type (office or factory).
An example of what they are wanting is shown below:
|
Country / Physical Location |
Physical Location City |
Division 1 |
Division 2 |
Division 3 |
Total Headcount |
|
Office |
Factory |
Office |
Factory |
Office |
Factory |
|
Australia |
0 |
15 |
73 |
150 |
0 |
0 |
238 |
|
Company Name - Australia |
City A |
10 |
15 |
0 |
0 |
0 |
0 |
25 |
|
Company Name - Australia Pty Ltd |
City B |
0 |
0 |
73 |
150 |
0 |
0 |
223 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Austria |
0 |
0 |
12 |
25 |
50 |
96 |
183 |
|
Company Name - ABCD GmbH (sales) |
City C |
0 |
0 |
12 |
25 |
0 |
0 |
37 |
|
Company Name Austria GmbH |
City D |
0 |
0 |
0 |
0 |
50 |
96 |
146 |
Also, is there a way to selectively turn off totals for groups within a crosstab? Still reading the manual, but haven't found it as yet. As I noted above, I tried doing this with a crosstab, but I’m getting a total column for each division and HR isn’t wanting this. In otherwords, for Division 1 I get a column for Office, Factory, and a Total of both.
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance....
Jim
Edited by JimR - 21 Feb 2009 at 9:47am