Hi,
I am new to this forum and even to crystal reports.
I will try to make my question clear, if any1 needs more information then please write back.
I have one main report and one sub report.
for sub report i am fetching data based on main report record Id.
now suppose i have fetched the following data from SQL server for sub report and say I am showing 2 items on report
(select code,age from myTable order by code)
Code Age
1 12
2 15
3 14
3 16
3 17
4 20
4 25
5 30
here is the output that i want
Code Age RecNumber
1 12 1
2 15 1
3 14 1
3 16 2
3 17 3
4 20 1
4 25 2
5 30 1
if I can fetch recNumber (shownabove) from SQL server itself then that will also be fine.
or if it is possible to group report on code and put a special field (don't know if any such field is available) on report and reset its value to 1 when group changes.
TIA,
Surinder Singh