Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Issues with displaying crosstabs in group header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
haritha_rm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote haritha_rm Replybullet Topic: Issues with displaying crosstabs in group header
     Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:17am
I am working on a website and am using crystal reports 2008, the one that ships default with Visual Studio Professional 2008. The data is being populated into a dataset before being displayed in the report. I am using the reportdocument to fill the data set from my code and assign it to the report.

I have created a group on a field. If I just display some general information in the group header for data related to that field, the details for the corresponding records are displayed without any issues.

However when I try to insert a crosstab in the group header (which includes information linked to other tables) for that record, only the information for the first record in the group is displayed. The rest of the records are not repeated. The row field in the crosstab is grouped by the same field as the field by which the "group section" is grouped by.

Could you please let me know where am I going wrong here and how to insert crosstabs in a group header/footer so that it is repeated for each group element?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Haritha
IP IP Logged
despec99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote despec99 Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 11:27am
Originally posted by haritha_rm

I am working on a website and am using crystal reports 2008, the one that ships default with Visual Studio Professional 2008. The data is being populated into a dataset before being displayed in the report. I am using the reportdocument to fill the data set from my code and assign it to the report.

I have created a group on a field. If I just display some general information in the group header for data related to that field, the details for the corresponding records are displayed without any issues.

However when I try to insert a crosstab in the group header (which includes information linked to other tables) for that record, only the information for the first record in the group is displayed. The rest of the records are not repeated. The row field in the crosstab is grouped by the same field as the field by which the "group section" is grouped by.

Could you please let me know where am I going wrong here and how to insert crosstabs in a group header/footer so that it is repeated for each group element?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Haritha


I try to avoid crosstab reports like the plague, but I think you may be going wrong with your approach.  I think you need to do your "grouping" within the crosstab itself and place it in the report footer, rather than the group area.

Just a thought,

David

IP IP Logged
haritha_rm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote haritha_rm Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 12:20pm
Ideally that is what I would like to do. But I need to show additional information
at the row group level. For example if I am grouping by field , then I also need to show
name, description and a small colored box for a color code for that group.
And then I need to show the cross tab information for that group.I need a table something like what is shown below: 
                                                                      X  Y  X
A.Name A.Description A.ColorCodeBox  Var1  0  1  2
                                                             Var2  2  3  4
                                                             Var3  2  4  4
B.Name B.Description B.ColorCodeBox   Var1  0  1  2
                                                             Var2  2  3  4
                                                             Var3  2  4  4
 
Where the numbers are some values, X,Y,Z are the column headings and A & B represent different values in that group.
Since I could not find any solution for that, I decided to display the additional information on top of the crosstab table and insert a crosstab in each group.
Please let me know if you have a solution for either one of the two.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum