Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: ID Card type report problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mikaylalouise
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Mikaylalouise Replybullet Topic: ID Card type report problem
     Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 8:47pm
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in using Crystal Reports xi  can anyone assist me in making a report.  I have started out an ID card type report which summarizes the training for each corresponding employee. It kinda looks like this:

Employee1           Employee2
Training1              Training1
Training2              Training2
Training3              ..
..                           16
16

Employee3           Employee4
Training1              Traning1
..                          Training2
16                        Training3
                            ..
                            16

etc......

I was able to partially do this by making a mail label type report and all the trainings is contained in a subreport(which is linked to the main report).  Problem is, I want to have a form like format with 16 detail rows for each employee so that if they have fewer than 16, blank rows will be printed.  I already have this in Access.  Is it also possible in Crystal Reports?

I wish I could show you the Access version to clearly explain what I want to accomplish, but unfortunately I don't know how to paste the image here. :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mikayla




IP IP Logged
despec99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote despec99 Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Mikaylalouise

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in using Crystal Reports xi  can anyone assist me in making a report.  I have started out an ID card type report which summarizes the training for each corresponding employee. It kinda looks like this:

Employee1           Employee2
Training1              Training1
Training2              Training2
Training3              ..
..                           16
16

Employee3           Employee4
Training1              Traning1
..                          Training2
16                        Training3
                            ..
                            16

etc......

I was able to partially do this by making a mail label type report and all the trainings is contained in a subreport(which is linked to the main report).  Problem is, I want to have a form like format with 16 detail rows for each employee so that if they have fewer than 16, blank rows will be printed.  I already have this in Access.  Is it also possible in Crystal Reports?

I wish I could show you the Access version to clearly explain what I want to accomplish, but unfortunately I don't know how to paste the image here. :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mikayla






Yes, it's possible.  If your subreport returns nothing, it'll print a blank line unless you tell it otherwise.

David
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum