Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summarize Group Summaries Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dmlark
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote dmlark Replybullet Topic: Summarize Group Summaries
     Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 6:52am
I am looking to summarize or add together group summaries.
My example: in Details I have line items on an invoice from Invoice Detail with Extension Amount being summarized per invoice. Now, I want to add Freight from the Invoice Header to this group summary. So, either how do I add to a summary or if I add Freight to the details & take the average as the group summary, how do I add these 2 group summaries together. Then, how do I get a grand total summary? I dont want a summary of all the details, I want a summary of each group's totals.  
Dana
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 8:39am

I believe that there are couple of ways.  The generic way is to write a formula that would give you the sum of the group and add the value that you want.  But I believe that the when you make a sum (for the invoice), it has a 'variable' that you can access in the formula (saves a step).

As to a grand total, in the formula, you can update a shared variable and display that value where you want (report footer in this case).
 
Shared variables and formulae make Crystal way more flexible...all of my reports rely on them in so many ways.
 
Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum