Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export the Crystal report to .RTF file Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Deepat
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Deepat Replybullet Topic: Export the Crystal report to .RTF file
     Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 7:57am
Hi
 
  I am working in Crystal Reports 10. I have some tagging information in my report as shown below: 
 
 100,20081001,sample report
 201,a,b,c,d
 300,<<Report details>>
 
 100,201,300 are the tagging information. On Preview of the report, I need to hide the tagging information. But when exported to the .rtf file, the user needs to view the tagging info. I believe that crystal will export only the information what is shown up on the preview tab.
 
Is there any way to do the above logic. Please help me in this regard.
 
Thanks,
Deepa
 
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 9:14pm
Here's a trick that may work for you - format the tag information so that the font is white (or whatever matches the color of the background it's on.)  It should "hide" it in the preview - it won't be visible because it matches the background - but I believe it will actually show up in the RTF export.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Deepat
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Deepat Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 7:16am

Even I thought of the same idea. But the report will be scheduled in the crystal enterprise and the instance will be saved as '.rtf file. We have go to the .rtf file and give ctrl+A and change the font color. to make this work we need to write macros. But when exported to excel the tagging information will appear without changing the font color.

-Deepa

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum