Hi everyone
I have a problem that I'm sure there are simple ways of achieving what I want, I just can't seem to get it
My report this time round is a financial statement, and my dataset that I have looks like this:
| Group Code |
Group Description |
Account Description |
Amount |
| INTEREST |
Interest |
Call Account |
52355 |
| INTEREST |
Interest |
Bank Account |
29316.7 |
| INTEREST |
Interest |
Interest Account |
108044 |
| INTEREST |
Interest |
Capital Account |
128.78 |
| DIVREC |
Dividends |
ABC Fund |
15898.9 |
| EXPENSES |
Less Expenses |
Collection Fees |
-14073 |
| EXPENSES |
Less Expenses |
Administration Fees |
-19222 |
| EXPENSES |
Less Expenses |
Consulting Fees |
-409.17 |
| INCDIST |
Income Distributed |
Income Distributed |
-11000 |
Now I have my report displaying exactly what I want, with a Grouping on GroupCode and a sum on Amount per group.
| Interest |
|
189844.84 |
| Call Account |
52355.01 |
|
| Bank Account |
29316.66 |
|
| Interest Account |
108044.39 |
|
| Capital Account |
128.78 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dividends Received |
|
15898.85 |
| ABC Fund |
15898.85 |
|
|
|
|
|
| Less Expenses |
|
-33704.35 |
| Collection Fees |
-14072.88 |
|
| Administration Fees |
-19222.3 |
|
| Consulting Fees |
-409.17 |
|
|
|
|
|
| Income Distributed |
|
-11000 |
| Income Distributed |
-11000 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Income as at 2009/02/01 |
161039.34 |
My problem is that I need to insert custom group and summary totals for certain groups, and even more taxing is that these items MUST appear in specific places, see below:
Gross Income = Interest + Dividends Received
Net Income = Gross Income - Expenses
| Interest |
|
189844.84 |
| Call Account |
52355.01 |
|
| Bank Account |
29316.66 |
|
| Interest Account |
108044.39 |
|
| Capital Account |
128.78 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dividends Received |
|
15898.85 |
| ABC Fund |
15898.85 |
|
| |
|
|
| Gross Income |
|
205743.69 |
|
|
|
|
| Less Expenses |
|
-33704.35 |
| Collection Fees |
-14072.88 |
|
| Administration Fees |
-19222.3 |
|
| Consulting Fees |
-409.17 |
|
|
|
|
|
| Net Income Earned |
|
172039.34 |
| |
|
|
| Income Distributed |
|
-11000 |
| Income Distributed |
-11000 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Income as at 2009/02/01 |
161039.34 |
I'm sure that I need to use extra grouping with a formula on top of the grouping that I have, but I have no idea how to implement it; I'm a CR Newbie.
Oh, almost forgot, its a ASP.net app using VS2005 and CR.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx E.