Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Iterating through datasource to show specific text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Qwirk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Qwirk Replybullet Topic: Iterating through datasource to show specific text
     Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 9:54am
I'll start off by saying I am extremely new to Crystal Reports so I apologize up front for what may some pretty dumb questions!

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is a way to set up a conditional that checks if a field ever gets below a certain value in any of the rows that are being bound to the details.

For example I have a 'PValue' field which is loaded with decimal values.  I want to be able to set the text of a footer if the PValue for any of the rows dips below .05 (for example's sake).  But I need to be able to check every PValue for each row in order to accomplish this.

The only method I am aware of now for check every PValue in all of the rows of the datasource is through the details section, so I'm not sure if there is a way to iterate through the datasource besides that.

Hopefully that makes sense? Thanks in advance for anyone that takes an interest in my problem!

-Rob


IP IP Logged
Qwirk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Qwirk Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 2:36pm
Nevermind... I actually found an incredibly easy solution.

I had no idea about the 'Minimum' and 'Maximum' built in methods with the CR syntax which helped me evaluate the datasource.

Thanks for reading the post for those who did!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum