Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal SQL Query Editor Running Out of Text space Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
limnath
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote limnath Replybullet Topic: Crystal SQL Query Editor Running Out of Text space
     Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 2:17pm
Hello Folks,
 
  I am currently working on Crystal Report Version 9 ( sorry, that's the licensed version the company uses and it is not possible at this time to upgrade to a higher version ).
 
   I am encountering a problem with my SQL editor ( where you enter your SQL command ). My query is very long and I am now running out of edit text space. By this, I mean that I cannot type any more new characters to the SQL editor in my SQL query.
 
  Is there an option somewhere in Crystal Version 9 to INCREASE the text editing buffer size so that I can modify my SQL ( i.e., add new conditions to my SQL query ) ?
 
  I certainly hope the experts in this forum can help me with this problem.
 
Thank you,
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 11:29am
Have you thought of using a stored procedure?  This allows unlimited space for sql.  Unfortunately if you are far along in creating the report the transition to the stored procedure is a pain, not insurmountable (had to do it myself).  Just create another datasource for the report and now you can copy the fields from the stored proc to the report and update them with parameters of fields already on the report.  I don't remember if CR9 allows you to use the 'painter' as it copies everything as far as formatting is concerned. As you update the report with the stored proc values, delete the 'old' fields.  When they are all gone you can safely remove their tables from the datasources.
 
Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum