Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Including All Records in Report Posted: 26 Dec 2008 at 2:33pm
If I include a field on a report which is blank for some of the records the records with no data in that field are eliminated from the report. I would like the fields which are populated to print out for each record whether they have data in all fields or not. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:40am
Are you filtering on this field? I regularly have data fields that are blank or NULL appearing on reports. If you are filtering on the field, you might try adding the condition that it is blank or null to be allowed to display. In addition you might try changing how Crystal looks at the data....File/Options/Reporting, and place checks to Convert Null values to default.
Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 6:40am
I'm not filtering on this field. I thought I did change the NULL value to the default, but I'll double check. I use the program at a client's site and won't get to try it until the 5th. Thanks for the help.
Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 7:50am
One other thing to check.
Is your report using multiple tables? If yes, you'll want to verify that you are using either a left or right outter join opposed to an inner join between tables.
Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 7:33am
There are multiple tables in my report, but left, right and outer and inner joins are beyond my level of expertise in Crystal. I'm not sure what they refer to.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum