Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cant select table Names in expert. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DIDIUS193
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DIDIUS193 Replybullet Topic: Cant select table Names in expert.
     Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 12:49pm
Somehow I see, to have mucked up my copy of Crystal 11 so that when I go to a data source all I get is the Add Command button and no tables.    Is there a way to put this back so I can select table names without using Sql?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 6:50am
How are you connecting to the datasource?  Maybe you messed up the connection.  For instance you are connecting via ODBC and the DSN has been corrupted or you user doesn't have access to the database.  Maybe you have specified a connection method that you don't have access to, without realizing it.
 
I honestly don't know, just throwing out an idea, since I have never had this happen to me, and now I use disconnected recordsets via XML.
 
At the very worse, very worse, uninstall/reinstall Crystal.
 
Hope this helps, or at leasts gives an idea of where to look
IP IP Logged
DIDIUS193
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DIDIUS193 Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 11:41am
Think think you're right.     I was trying to directly transfer an access query and I must have changed some setting.   I've been unable to find a way to turn ODBC OFF or to return Crystal Reports to it's default settings.  

Fortunately I can select fields through Add command and then do the rest without going back to SQL.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum