Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Select % Rent based on the cut off date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Topic: Select % Rent based on the cut off date
     Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 2:54am
Hi there~
 
I am facing some problem on achieving the tasks below.
 
I need to key in a cut off date for my report. My % rent based on this cut off date to determine how many % of rent should be charge to the tenant.
I have set an effective date for the changes of % rent apply to the tenant.
 
 
For eg:
 
Effective Date        % Rent
01/01/2008               5
01/06/2008               9
 
 
Lets say i key in my Cut Off Date = 24/11/08, then my % Rent apply to the tenant will be 9%.
 
 
What can I do in order to get the latest % Rent which is 9% instead of showing 2 % Rent in my report?Need guidance on this.
 
 
Appreciated for your help and thanks in advance~
 
 
 
Regards,
Elisha
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 4:30am
Hi,
 
Group by effective date for Month within that group find the Maximum of effective date and show the % rent related to that maximum date....
 
Cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 11:43pm
Hi rahul,

The solutions that you suggest means I need to use the Group Sort Expert right? If yes, then i am facing one problem. My Group Sort Expert has been grey out and I cant click it. So what can I do?



Regards,
Elisha
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 12:31am

Hi Elisha,

Once you group Insert summary for the group in that you select Date Field and then Maximum ,this should remove the greyed out Group sort expert..
 
then you can suppress the Maximum result for the date field ,sort accordingly.....
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 25 Nov 2008 at 12:32am
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 7:06pm

Hi Rahul,

I manage to get the correct % Rent already. Thanks a lot for your help~ Big%20smile
 
 
 
Regards,
Elisha Wink
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum