Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Shared Varible Calculation Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KSAnalyst
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote KSAnalyst Replybullet Topic: Shared Varible Calculation
     Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:24am
Hi,
 
I am attempting to grand total values from a subreport and a main report.  I have utilized the "Shared Variable" calculation as follows:
 
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar TTLIND = Sum ({@Duration to number}, {staff_tx_history.STAFFID})
 
I get a boolean response of False.  I thought the NumberVar set this to a number field. 
 
What am I doing wrong?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 4:29pm
Change the "=" to ":=".
 
 
I have the full Crystal Syntax documented in Chapter 7 of my Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum