Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Page Footers Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
qasimali84
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Location: Pakistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote qasimali84 Replybullet Topic: Multiple Page Footers
     Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 1:36am
I have multiple page footers in my report. they all are initially suppressed. These are unsuppressed conditionally based on formula result, calculated in detail section.
Problem is this when I do not  reserve minimum page footer for report. Then there is only a few record in detail section and page footers occupy whole space. When I reserve minimum page footer for this report It is working to some extent ok, in the later situation my detail section occupy much space and page footer have not too much space. If there are two page footers conditionally un suppressed in the same page, then page footers goes out of paper size (I selected A4 for this report) although there is much space empty in detail section.

I want to shrink the page footer up if there is blank space in detail section.

Thanks in advance 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 6:08am

You might try to 'Underlaying Following Sections' in the Section Expert, or and this can be messy and difficult, you could suppress the individual cells/fields in the footers so that all of the footers are in one, though you mentioned multiple footers at a time...

Well, maybe this will give you some ideas
IP IP Logged
qasimali84
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Location: Pakistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote qasimali84 Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:23pm

I am explaining my report. Why i used multiple page footers

I am developing crystal report for clinical blood laboratory. the report format is as below
 
           Test Name                         Result                            Normal value
 
            Heamoglobin                      12.0                             10     - 20 mm
            PLT                                      123000                       150,00 - 250,00
           abc                                        000                            see table1 below
           LDL                                       000                             see table2 below
 
 
    Here is Table 1
 
 
 
     Here is Table 2
 
(Not part of the report for explaination only) These tables are static for a specific test id. These are not using any dataset. Therefore I have multiple pagefooter for each table and these page footers are unsuppress conditionally
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum