Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic column adding in Crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
suresh_dotnet
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote suresh_dotnet Replybullet Topic: Dynamic column adding in Crystal report
     Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 11:05am
I am using C# windows application. I want to add a Dynamic column in Crystal report at run time. Because I dont know about the columns in design time. The columns will come based on the user selection.

So i want to Add a column to Crustal report at run time. I am using VS2005 Crystal report. If it is not support to add column in Crystal report at runtime.

Please kindly give the other solution or other third party tool like.

Which version will support to add dynamic column in Crystal report?

Thanks Advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 6:56am
I am guessing that the users only have a limited choice of columns to add.  I would either a) include all choices the report and then optionally display them/suppress them and rearrange the order (x position) to align correctly on the report (no gaps because you are hiding a column or b) use a stored proc that gathers all of the values and then produces a table with fixed columns and puts the data into the fixed columns.
 
This way, the dataset/table is always the same and Crystal is happy.  To my knowledge, no version takes dynamic columns.  After all, you develop against a table or set of tables, not columns.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum