Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Simple Check Register Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Bzltyr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Bzltyr Replybullet Topic: Simple Check Register
     Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 6:44am
Hi.  I am using CR 9 with Peachtree accounting software.  I want a simple Check Register.  Check Date - Check Number - Invoice Paid - Check Amount.
 
When I pull the table and use the field [Reference] the feild is populated with Check Number of Payments and Invoice Number of Purchases.
 
Where is the Check Number for Purchases that went through the Purchase Journal and used the Accounts Payable module?
 
Is there a listing of what information from Peachtree populates which tables?
 
I have read about an alias table but that seems a bit difficult.  I am not a "power user" by any stretch but I have some skill.  I know Access and Excel so I understand using functions and formulas etc. but I don't know code.
 
Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
o2bnsv
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote o2bnsv Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:13pm
You likely need to be using more tables.  I'm not familiar with peachtree per se, but have used other similar systems.  Invoice information is typically stored in one table, payment information in another and then some sort of join table.  To find specifics, you software should either have an extensive help file that lists the database schema or it should be provided somehow through the software itself.  That is your best bet.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum