Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Summarize summary values Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 10:05pm
Hello...Brain ...I you don't mind it ..I have a dought..I have searched every where....It is so simple..I am unable to summarize crystal report field for values like avg,sum etc however it works for count ,max ,min etc....!!..for the rest it always returns count..could you please tell the reason
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 10:24pm
Crystal Reports can't create a summary of a summary value due to how it processes reports in stages. However, you can create a manual running total (a formula that uses a Global variable to increment the total) and display the manual running total on your report. Since this is a formula that you wrote and gets called for every Detail record, you can do the summary calculation yourself.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum