Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ccclark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ccclark Replybullet Topic: Suppress Subreport
     Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 7:08am
I am designing a complex Crystal XI report that has conditional sections. 
 
I know how to supress a subreport from displaying, but how do I prevent a subreport from making a call to the database based on the main report parameters?  I do not want to overhead of having the subreport make a data call if it is going to be suppressed anyway.
C Clark
IP IP Logged
RitaInHood
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 8:15am
I'm not sure you can . . .wait, try conditionally suppressing the section the subreport is on, I believe that'll cause the subreport to not fire.  This may cause other issues for your report though.
IP IP Logged
ccclark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ccclark Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 9:03am

It looksl ike suppressing the output still fires off the stored procedure call from what I can tell in SQL Server Profiler.

C Clark
IP IP Logged
ccclark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote ccclark Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 11:11am

nevermind.  I guess it does work to conditionally suppress the Section.  I was not looking at it right before.  This suits my purposes.

C Clark
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum