|
Hi guys,
I have made this post here (http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4390&PID=13696#13696),
but it is sort of a separate topic and I need a solution to this.. what I am trying to do is to limit the number of results displayed in a Crystal Report dynamically using the 2008 API. I know I can have a limit in the view with something like SELECT TOP 1000 FROM TABLE, but I am trying to avoid creating this view because it will not work when tables are linked as it will cut off results.
Is there a way to limit records dynamically or do I have to create a full linked view like this - SELECT TOP 1000 FROM TABLE1 T1, TABLE2 T2 WHERE T1.TABLE2ID = T2.ID (I want to avoid this completely because I have over 300 tables to report on), right now I am dynamically creating the report and accessing the table directly but like i said if there are a million records there is the performance issue.
Thanks,
|